Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thirsty?





The battle of hoses!  Hoses look so calm and orderly when hung up - but, in use they can be outright rebellious and difficult!  And frustrating!  Have you ever been hit in the head or face while dealing with a hose that wanted to go its own way?   Building good habits in a hose takes patience, persistence, and practice.  It's like one has to train the hose.  New hoses, especially, are stiff and not pliable, often not wanting to curl in the right direction.  Reminds me of a lot of things in life, and also about Jesus working in me.  Learning to know Jesus is a lot like learning to deal with hoses.  God has to work in us, with us, and for us.  He has to train me to listen to His voice. To get to know Jesus means that I must spend time with Him in His Word.  I am a lot like that hose and need patience, persistence, and practice in God's Word.  I can give God difficulty by letting life take hold of me.  The battle is raging against me, and when those worrisome  thoughts, sleepy mind early in the morning, daily cares and tasks, etc. try to take over, God reminds me that the MOST important thing in my life is to love Him, learn to know Him, lean on Him, and live for Him.  Psalm 143:6, 8 speak my heart.  "I spread out my hands to You; my soul longs for You like a thirsty land.....Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust;  cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You."  Oh Lord Jesus, I long to have your living water flow through me!  I am that rebellious hose in great need of Your good hand to tame me so that Your water can flow through me.  Thank You for never giving up on me and leaving me in a messy pile, like I sometimes leave my hoses because of my impatience.  I praise You for Your lovingkindness to me.  I praise You for Your Word that teaches me about Your greatness.  I thirst for You -  let the water flow!         K.C.                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment