Saturday, January 10, 2015

M & M's


                                                       


          Thinking through another new year, I asked the Lord Jesus what thoughts He had for me.  No big revelation has come to my heart.  But He has quietly spoken.  He said to guard my minutes.  Mind my minutes.  Multiply my moments.  Measure my mission.  This is largely a devotional page for thoughts from the garden, thus, the M & Ms sitting on the garden post.

          We can waste a lot of minutes each day, and those minutes are what God is addressing in my heart.  I don't know about you, but I can wile away a morning watching the garden grow.  God wants me to measure my mission, my task He has called me to.    Now I am not talking about staying busy or accomplishing more.  I am talking about minding how intentional my minutes are.  Spending minutes in awe at God's work in the garden or His marvelous creative design in birds are not wasted  minutes. It is more like He is saying to be ALL there every minute.  There is a difference between letting minutes tick away and deliberately living those minutes.  When I am consciously minding my minutes life takes on a thoroughly alive sense.  It is like intentionally living!  And that is what God is saying to me;  intentionally live for Me.                                                                                   K.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment