Sunday, April 24, 2016

I'll Stand



          Came across Psalm 20:8 early this morning.  "They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright."  It reminded me of my old Bible where I had kept track in my reading of all the times "stand" was used.  Hundreds of times this word shed much light upon God's desire for us to rise and stand in His light in order to be light.  This calla lily this morning reminded me of God's design to beautify us when we stand for Him in a dark and messy world.  Just look at the elegant lines and  simple design of this lovely flower!  Soft green dissolves into pure white as this flower unfolds.  It is hard to really describe the beauty of this elegant flower.  

          One of the amazing thoughts this calla lily brings to mind is that it is just what God asks of us:  to quietly just stand before Him reflecting His beauty and light.   This lily stands right outside our window so I can admire it.  God admires His work in us, too.   Isn't Jesus gracious to give us this incredible privilege!! It is not anything of our own power or work.  We just reflect His work.  Psalm 30:7 says, "Lord, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong...."   His power, His work, His clothes, His strength, His favor, His Spirit, His beauty......  that is what makes us stand.  And He tells us for protection to just stand.  I Peter 5:9 tells us to resist the devil who prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  In the original, to resist is to stand against.  Just stand, clothed in the humility of Jesus Christ.  Our Savior is awesome!  So stand for Him!                 K.C.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment