Monday, August 29, 2016

Hidden Treasures

                                                                 

           
                                         


          Watering several plants today revealed some hidden treasures peaking out from leaves covering them.  None of these did I realize were in my garden!  Foliage covered each lovely blossom.  Just happening to catch a glimpse of bright color made me stop to cut away leaves and unbury these lovelies.  It is like this in our hearts, too.  So much busyness, so many cares, so many demands take over and cover up what God is speaking to our hearts or working on in us.  We don't spend enough time with Him in His Word or quiet our souls to hear His voice.  So the treasures stay hidden for quite a while.  Not until we stop, take stock, and cut out some encroaching brush, do we see these gifts from God.  What is thought provoking to me is that the leaves I cleared out were other lovely plants that had spread,  not unwanted weeds.  Each of us have responsibilities and tasks that are necessary and good, but the one good thing, the one best thing is time with Jesus Christ.   He is my life, my true treasure, and His beauty thrills my soul.  May it be so with you, too.                                           K.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment