Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Working Together

 



          Gardening is a full time job!  Sure, you can grow a few things in a flowerbed, but a true gardener is never satisfied with just that.  A true gardener has to overdo, has to have just one more plant, one more flowerbed, one more trellis.  A true gardener always buys way too many seeds.  A true gardener’s family groans when they accompany her to the nursery.  Yes, it’s true.  But….there are benefits that bless the family, too.  

          One of the benefits of gardening is time spent working together.  There is always a lot of trimming, weeding, and various chores to be done, and it is so enjoyable to work together.  Several of our cherubs lately have been “helping” trim branches with Papa.  Notice their “chainsaws” are cutting at just the right angles.  A sense of accomplishment and unity are some of the results of working together in the garden.  Conversations happen along the way that never would otherwise.  Bonds are made stronger and deeper from joy of being together.  The cherubs are becoming more like Papa.

          Sometimes I feel like these 2 cherubs when I look at my life of service to God.  I’m stretching and laboring to help God, yet He is really the One doing all the work.  God asks me to serve and bear much fruit for His glory.  I am in awe that God, who is sovereign and fully independent, would want to have my presence and companionship.  John 15:5, “…He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit;  for without Me you can do nothing.”  So when I am working with the Lord He is creating fruit in me, He is giving me His strength, and He is glorified.  As I abide and work with the Lord He is molding me more and more into being like Jesus.  The goal is totally different than I think.  I think about getting work done, but He is thinking about being together, growing my character, and receiving glory.  Our Lord loves to be together.  Our cherubs think they are helping us, but in reality we are helping them learn to work and build character.  We love being together with them as well. It is a win-win working together.  

                                                                                                                    K.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment