Monday, October 27, 2014

In the Midst of Storms

                     








                                                                                 

          In the midst of rainstorms today the sun shone brightly, so I quickly ran out to snap this picture of amazing beauty against the dark sky.  The colors of fall are vibrant and striking in themselves but especially so when the sun shines through the clouds.  God's seasonal colors are truly awesome, just coming down from His throne as gifts to us.  "Splendor" is a word that captures the scene for me.  These fluorescent colors against the dark sky pull my heart to lessons the Lord Jesus is trying to teach me about His love for me.  Today just happened to be one of those days He spoke.

          You do know words of love may come in different forms, right?  It did today for me in the form of that flash of sunlight through the storm clouds.  The last 5 years have held some difficult trials for our family, and the Lord has walked with us closely through these years.  Skies looked pretty stormy and dark, yet God was our strength and upheld us.  What I find now though, is that I am almost holding my breath waiting for the next trial.  With all our children grown and married, I don't see them everyday.  So when I do see them I breathe a sigh of relief.  When my husband comes home I breathe a sigh of relief.  That flash of sunlight today spoke;  you are walking by sight.  Seeing my loved ones brought rest.  That's not faith.  Oh, Lord, I repent, I hear what You are saying!  The sight of brilliant light exposed the colors of the trees, and it also exposed my heart.

          Jesus' lovingkindness worked deeply in our hearts during the trials so why am I dreading another dark day?  His lovingkindness will also keep on working and holding us up no matter what comes.  Faith is seeing with the eyes of Jesus all He will do and resting there.  Psalm 116:7 says, "Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you."  The definition of rest there is, "a time or place of security; rest for the soul because of the Lord's mercies and blessings; it points to a location where something  settles down and remains there or cessation of work in order to refresh oneself."  God wants my faith to settle down and rest in Jesus, not on what I see with my eyes.  It is refreshing my soul in Him.  And leaving the rest to Him.  His Sonlight will shine on me then, creating His colors in my heart and life.                                                                   K.C.                                                                                                                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment